| Store Category: Singles |
2018 - Brilliant Cherry Blossoms- 1/4 OZ $8 Pure Silver Coin
[PRE-ORDER]A blossoming cherry tree is one of nature’s most lavish floral
displays, with clusters of delicate flowers forming an awe-inspiring
canopy of pink and white! This springtime spectacle is all too brief;
but even as each petal is gently shed like a blushing snowflake, the
ephemeral beauty of a cherry blossom is a lasting gift that renews our
appreciation for the precious things in life. Yours to keep or gift,
this treasurable keepsake showcases the cherry blossoms that are a
flowering symbol of friendship and goodwill in several Canadian cities.
By combining selective colour and engraving, the pink-hued flowers on
your coin’s reverse are forever in bloom and can be viewed
year-round—especially when displayed in its folder-style packaging that
easily transforms into an easel.
The perfect gift for a friend or loved one who enjoys blossoming cherry trees! Order today!
Designed by Anna Bucciarelli, your coin is filled with bright,
springtime cheer as it captures the peak splendour of a blossoming
cherry tree. Selective colour and engraving are combined in this close
view of a flower-laden branch, where the cluster of white and
pink-coloured petals includes a number of engraved buds and leaves. The
five-petal blossoms that have inspired countless artists are the very
embodiment of “BEAUTY”, represented by the kanji character positioned
just above the bough. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty
Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know…
- YOURS TO GIVE OR KEEP! Whether a birthday,
anniversary, a celebration of friendship, or a special “thank you,” this
coin makes a wonderful gift for a loved one or friend who is captivated
by these famous blooms.
- A SPECIAL SYMBOL! The bilingual character on your coin hints at the cherry tree’s origins and signifies “beauty” in Japanese and Mandarin.
- FOREVER IN BLOOM! An affordable keepsake that
perfectly captures the delicate yet fleeting beauty of a cherry blossom,
whose delicate appearance and shape have inspired countless poems and
works of art.
- MIX OF COLOUR, ENGRAVING! Mixed in with the
engraved branch, leaves and buds, the selective application of colour
brings the soft pink-and-white flowers to life.
- A BUILT-IN EASEL! Your coin comes ready to display in its folder-style packaging, which easily converts into an easel.
- PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
- GST/HST EXEMPT! Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Your coin comes ready to display in its folder-style packaging, which easily converts into an easel.
- In addition to the chrysanthemum, the cherry blossom (sakura) is the
national flower of Japan, where cherry blossom viewing (hanami) is an
- In China, cherry blossoms are regarded as a symbol of feminine beauty and power.
- Since it is native to Asia, most of Canada’s flowering cherry trees
were gifted or donated — including Vancouver’s cherry trees and those in
Toronto’s High Park.
- While the Yoshino cherry tree is the most popular cherry tree in
Japan, the Kanzan cherry tree is more prevalent in North America.
- Composition99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g)7.96
- Diameter (mm)27
- Face value8 dollars
- ArtistAnna Bucciarelli (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
| International Buyers |
| Buyer is responsible for all charges, including, but not limited to duties, taxes and or other fees that might be incurred when importing this item(s) into your country. The delivery agent will collect these fees when your order is delivered. |
| About "Small Packets - International - Ground" Shipping Service (when available) |
| Please be aware the delivery of the item(s) will take at least 2 months regardless of the destination country. |
| About Feedback Policy |
| I do leave feedback for everyone. However, I do it only after the buyer is completely satisfied and would leave feedback for me. |